How to Become a Volunteer
Volunteering at Jug Bay is a fun and rewarding way to learn about ecology and to help with research, education, stewardship projects and more. No experience is necessary, only enthusiasm for learning.
One-time and Short-term Volunteers
* Service Learning Students and other temporary volunteers may sign up directly for any stewardship themed events, as no training is required. Untrained volunteers are also welcome to assist with summer fish research. Call 410-741-9330 to reserve a space.
* If you are interested in joining our staff Naturalists to lead K-University students in hands-on learning experiences at Jug Bay, please contact Education Coordinator, Liana Vitali, at 410-741-9330 or email@example.com
* To join the Jug Bay community, look for an upcoming "Volunteer Recruitment" on our calendar of events and call 410-741-9330 to register.
* After attending a recruitment day you may fill out a Volunteer Application so we can keep you up-to-date on events that fit your interests and availability.
* While some projects require training, many are available to begin immediately and you can learn as you go.
* Volunteer groups may sign up directly for any stewardship themed events, as no training is required. Call 410-741-9330 to reserve a space.
Benefits to Volunteers
o Have fun while you learn about plant and animal ecology
o Help keep the Sanctuary working - volunteers are essential to our activities
o Receive monthly event updates and our quarterly newsletter "Marsh Notes"
o FREE entrance into the Sanctuary and discounts on activities and programs*
o Volunteer Appreciation Social in winter
o Volunteer Picnic in August
o Invitations to special lectures and events
o Network and meet like-minded people
o Help with school programs
o Teach families and adults
* Volunteers must devote a minimum of 20 hours per year to receive free entrance and discounts.