Public canoe trips for individuals and families
Fee: $20 per person.
To reserve your space for a canoe trip, send the completed Public Canoe Registration Form and your payment (cash or check) to: Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, 1361 Wrighton Rd, Lothian, MD 20711. Unfortunately we can not accept phone, fax or email reservations. See Canoeing Policies.
To reserve a space, drop by the Office, or mail your name, phone number, the number and names of people in your party, and your check to the Sanctuary: Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, 1361 Wrighton Road, Lothian, MD 20711
Please see our Canoe Policies
What to bring on the trip:
- Plenty of drinking water.
- Lunch or snack to eat on the boats
- Clothes and shoes that can get wet
- Optional: binoculars and camera. Remember we will be on the water and it is likely that personal items will get wet. Canoes can tip over, paddles drip water into the canoes, and feet often get wet getting into and out of the canoe. We claim no liability for personal items and electronic equipment (cell phones included) that are damaged during the canoe trip.
- Recommended: Waterproof dry bag to protect items from water.
- There is a mile hike to the canoes, so you may wish to wear comfortable walking shoes to the canoes and change into your paddling shoes at the canoes.